Bethany Discussion Forums

Welcome to the Bethany Forums - a place for birthfamilies, adoptive families, foster families, adoptees, and more. Views presented here may not represent Bethany's views.

Crazy 8 vs. Gymboree

General discussions for everyone!

Moderator: Jilly

Postby NJHopingtoadopt » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:13 pm

Crazy 8 is to Gymboree what Old Navy is to Gap. I have a few things - wovens are ok, knits get a little pilly.
Karen

NJHopingtoadopt

Postby Snowreen » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:01 pm

I got some stuff from there last fall including a long cardigan sweater, two skirts, leggings and a few shirts. I LOVE the sweater and skirts. Great quality and the cool thing - they were too big last year so they still fits for this fall. The leggings or the T-shirt type material shirts weren't as good quality as Gymboree but they were cheap so I don't expect too much. ;)

I just ordered a bunch of stuff (15 items) from there yesterday ($200 worth of stuff for $150 with the 25% off code) for Clare's birthday (well, Kirk's mom paid for it). :mrgreen: Hopefully they're as nice as last year.
Snow'reen (87)
Balthazar (21)
Ginger (45)
Snowreen

Postby Glittergrits » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:47 pm

We don't have a Crazy 8 but I do check out their website from time to time although I haven't bought from there yet. Last week I loaded up on stuff from Gymboree Outlet. I noticed that their knits were not as nice and heavy as the regular Gymboree but like Maureen said, it was so cheap that I really didn't care. Anyway, since we are discussing Gymboree I thought I would mention they are having an additional 30% of your entire purchase for GymRewards (I think that is what is called) right now. Wanna guess where I've been today?
Glittergrits

Postby Wrigley's Mommy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:00 pm

I like it. Of course, I should say that I am one who does NOT pay Gymboree prices. ;) DD has a handful of Gymbo things, but they were all on MAJOR sale. :) She has a handful of Crazy 8 things, and I would honestly shop there more if it were in a more convenient place for me. Ours is at a mall I go to maybe twice a year now, so I always stop in when I'm there, but it's not very often. She's always gotten lots of compliments when she's wearing one of their items, though. And I've been pretty happy with the quality for the things I've bought there. It is, however, much like Gymbo in that if you don't care for the line(s) out right then, you're out of luck, because everything looks the "same." ;)
Wrigley's Mommy

Postby NJHopingtoadopt » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:02 pm

I think Crazy 8 is 25% off too. May have to hit the mall tomorrow! I seem to be more into Gap these days for the girls, but I don't have a current coupon so will have to wait. I did get some stuff at Nordstrom when they had their advance sale. I need to do an inventory of hand me downs to see what I really need.
Karen

NJHopingtoadopt

Postby Snowreen » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:22 pm

I seem to be more into Gap these days for the girls, but I don't have a current coupon so will have to wait

I LOVE Gap stuff and did get some jeans for her since they were buy one get one for $10...but otherwise a lot of their stuff is $$$. I did get her an adorable dress that I couldn't resist. ;)

And yeah, Crazy 8 is and extra 25% off your purchase too.

As Clare gets older, I'm liking Gymboree less and less and Baby Gap more and more. They always have to have weird animals on everything! :lol: The stuff I got Clare at Crazy 8 is sans animals. :mrgreen:
Snow'reen (87)
Balthazar (21)
Ginger (45)
Snowreen

Postby englishteachlovesU2 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:56 pm

Crazy 8 is to Gymboree what Old Navy is to Gap. I have a few things

That is a very good comparison. I've also found that the sizing is waaaaay big for my son. Seriously, I just ordered some jeans for him. HUGE! Like 2 sizes too big, so those have to go back to the store. The quality isn't the same as Gymboree either.

I'm with you guys...DS has Gymboree, but I always pick it up for a major deal. No way I'm paying that much for clothes.

Generally, I like Carters and Jumping Beans (from Kohl's). Those are great non-special occasion type everyday clothes, I think.
englishteachlovesU2

Postby MIWolski » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:02 pm

I really like Crazy 8!! We just got a store too around our area and got a 75$ outfit for 11$!!! It was awesome!! :) Watch for clearance and that is a great time to shop there!
Margaret
DH: CW
Blessing #1: DD, 8
Blessing #2: DS, 7
Blessing #3: DD, 3
Blessing #4: DS, 8
MIWolski

Postby Glittergrits » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:06 pm

Have any of you gals ever bought or sold a Gymbuck like on Ebay or such? I was wondering what kind of money they bring? I seem to never like the lines available at Gymbuck time and acquired quite a bit in Gymbucks (due to the fact that I love the lines out at the outlet now - they were all last fall's designs but I didn't get any at that time for DD - they also have a great sale on summer stuff).

I get a lot of Gap Kids in the used clothes that I buy from a lady at church. I do like them alot. However, when I'm shopping I prefer Gymboree because it is so babyish looking. They have the rest of their lives to wear the adult looking stuff but only such a small time frame to sport that silly looking giraffe!

If you gals have time, check out this website for made to match Gap and Gymboree hairbows. I ordered several this week but have yet to receive them yet. If I like them, then I will probably be back for more. Enter code "BTS" for 15% off your order.

http://www.jbowsboutique.com
Glittergrits

Postby InHisEasyYoke » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:19 pm

Susannah had waaaaaay too much Gymboree her first 3 years of life because I found most of it on ebay for cheap. My mom and I went too crazy with it. I found a lot of good stuff, but you have to be a careful buyer on ebay so that you don't buy something that looks good in the pic but looks worn when it arrives at your house. (I also got lots of Puddle Jumpers Shoes on ebay, too, Shana. I know you like those.) Anyway, they don't seem to have that much cute Gymboree stuff on ebay anymore. I haven't bought any in a long time. It really helps to know the names of the lines you like though. Then you can do a specific search for the line in the size you want. For instance, if you type in "Gymboree Purrfect Autumn 3T", you will get good results because the people who sell good quality stuff list it by line name. You can search that way for specific pieces that you love. :) I mostly like to look for their sweaters and coats on ebay because those are the pricey items that I won't pay for in the store.
Wife, First Mother, and Mom to precious daughters
Lamentations 2:19
InHisEasyYoke

Postby Glittergrits » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:29 pm

I'm with Jenni! I buy a lot on Ebay too. However, I've just never had a lot of luck buying large lots on there because of DD's sizing (she wears a much larger top than bottoms and their jeans/pants really don't fit her well). My Mom use to buy a lot of stuff on there for my niece and had pretty good luck. However, I have been picking up Gymboree here and there on Ebay (usually to get a larger to top)! But now that I have discovered the Gymboree Outlet (can't believe that I had kids almost 9 months before I realized one was 40 minutes from me), I think I will be able to pick up last year's odds and end stuff there. I really like to have a complete outfit!

I have also lucked up and got some Gymboree in the clothes that I'm getting from the lady at church. If you look on the back side of the Gymboree tag, that is usually where you can find the line name and the year it was made. That is how I found Gymbohaven.com by trying to figure out a name of a Gymboree line so I could shop for it on Ebay.
Glittergrits

Postby Jenn in KS » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:43 pm

My favorite brands for kids are Naartjie and Hanna Andersson, but they are both quite expensive and I have to buy used, etc. I am yet to find a good way to get cheap Naartjie clothes, but my friend buys a ton of it for her daughter and it is ADORABLE.
For everyday wear, we buy stuff from The Children's Place. Almost always. We have an outlet right near our house and we buy things for dirt cheap on clearance. Their clothes are durable and the colors tend to stay bright. I also like more simple, classic looks on children and they tend to have it.
We rarely, rarely buy Gymboree because its just too expensive considering how popular it is and so many other kids in the class will have the same thing.
Last edited by Jenn in KS on Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blessed Mommy of 1 boy and twin girls
Jenn in KS

Postby burdicd » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:44 pm

One cautionary funny note on Crazy 8 Jeans:

I put the new pair of Crazy 8 jeans on dd-- she loved them, comfortable fit well, etc... Fastfoward to bath time.... took the jeans off and something didn't look quite right, I was starting to get upset, nervous, etc. Her legs were turning blue--- I started freaking out.... then I remembered....the jeans were brand new..... the dye from the jeans rubbed off on her legs :huh: :D After the fact it was funny, not so much in the moment!

It took a couple of washings for the dye to calm down and stop rubbing off on her legs :D

Debbie
Debbie
DH Wayne
DS Grayson (11)
DS Will (8)
DD Annalynn (3)
burdicd

Postby kdliberty » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:37 pm

burdicd wrote:One cautionary funny note on Crazy 8 Jeans:

I put the new pair of Crazy 8 jeans on dd-- she loved them, comfortable fit well, etc... Fastfoward to bath time.... took the jeans off and something didn't look quite right, I was starting to get upset, nervous, etc. Her legs were turning blue--- I started freaking out.... then I remembered....the jeans were brand new..... the dye from the jeans rubbed off on her legs :huh: :D After the fact it was funny, not so much in the moment!

It took a couple of washings for the dye to calm down and stop rubbing off on her legs :D

Debbie

next time soak them in your washer with plenty of salt. It will set the dye...
"Adopting one child won't change the world; but for that child, the world will change." -Christine Reed
kdliberty

Postby NJHopingtoadopt » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:23 pm

My favorite brands for kids are Naartjie and Hanna Andersson

I love both of these too. I just discovered Naartjie. It's at the mall that I never go to because it's got such bad traffic, but I might need to make an exception. Annabel's little "best friend" from daycare wears that brand and her mom turned me on to it. They seem to have good sales.

I've still got Janie and Jack credit of about $160. I don't know how I'll ever use it. I just can't spend that much on clothes!
Karen

NJHopingtoadopt

Next

Return to General Forums